Venture Valley Collegiate Cup – Baruch College NYC
The Venture Valley Collegiate Cup Tournaments will start in the 1st quarter of 2023 and run throughout the year.
1st place prize winners will receive $2000
2nd place will receive $1000
3rd place receives 500
4th – 8th will be awarded $100 each
And random awards of $50 will be gifted to up to 40 people during the event.
VENTURE VALLEY COLLEGIATE TOURNAMENT (“Contest”)
- CONTEST. The Contest shall consist of an online game competition that will take place on May 3, 2023 from 12PM to 5PM EST time (“Contest Period”). Eligible users may submit an Entry by playing the Game in match mode using the specified Tournament Invite Code during the Contest Period. Eligible users may submit multiple Entries during the Contest Period. The user’s highest Match Goals score for all Entries submitted with the Tournament Invite Code will be used to rank the user on a leaderboard posted at the event Venue. The leaderboard ranking will be used to determine the prizes. Administrator reserves the right to end the Contest at any time based on participation or other reasons.
- ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Contestants must have a current and active version of the Venture Valley Game (“Game”), a Game user account, a Valid Email Address, a Tournament Invite Code, and meet the eligibility requirements to enter the Contest.
The Game may be downloaded at the Apple App store at: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/venture-valley/id1526908483, Google Play at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.singletonfoundation.venturevalley&hl=en_US&gl=US&pli=1, and/or Steam at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1395330/Venture_Valley/.
The Tournament Invite Code will be provided to the contestants during the Contest Period by physically visiting the game tournament location at Baruch College, Field center of Entrepreneurship, at City University of New York, in New York, New York(“Venue”) during the Contest Period.
Contest is open to users who have a valid email address (“Valid Email Address”), ages 16 years and older, with a valid Game user account associated with the Valid Email Address, who have not previously been a $500 or more cash prize winner of a Venture Valley Game tournament within the past twelve (12) months. Employees of Sponsor, Super League Gaming (“Administrator”), and the immediate families of Collegiate Entrepreneur Organization are not eligible to win a prize.
- ENTRY/ENTRANT: To register for the Contest and submit an Entry, Eligible users must do the following during the Contest Period:
- Log in to the Game using the user account associated with the Valid Email Address. You must create a user account to enter the Contest.
- Enter the appropriate Tournament Invite Code
- Play the Game in multiplayer match mode according to the Game’s stated match goals (“Match Goals”).
Eligible users will be determined by Sponsor based on their Game user account information and Tournament Invite Code during the Contest Period. For each match Entry, you will play against up to five (5) other players. Depending on the number of Entrants at the time of Entry, you may play against a number of non-human Game bots (not to exceed five). Bots are not eligible for prizes or leaderboard ranking.
You may only register for yourself. You may enter as many times as you would like, but only your single highest Match Goals score Entry will be used to determine your ranking on the leaderboard. The leaderboard will be displayed at the Venue and will be used to determine the winners. Users will be ranked on the leaderboard at the Venue based on their highest individual match Match Goals score. Your Match Goals score ranking for the leaderboard will be calculated as follows for each match played Entry:
- Highest number of trophies earned during the match (for each Goal achieved); then, if a tie,
- Highest number of units earned during the match; then, if a tie,
- Total Revenue earned in the match
Your ranking on the leaderboard may change at any time during the Contest Period based on other Entrants’ Match Goals scores. You may play as often as you would like during the Contest Period, each, an Entry. All Entries submitted and the corresponding game play become the sole property of Singleton Foundation for Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship (“Sponsor”). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, or misdirected Entries, computer or game malfunctions, communications or other technical errors, invalid emails, availability of vendor fulfillment sites, or logistical issues. Eligibility, registration and timing shall be subject to the sole discretion of Administrator. All Contest and Game rules apply and will be posted at the Venue. Games must be played individually.
- WINNERS/PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded as follows based on the user’s rank on the global leaderboard:
- 1x $2,000 First Place Prize
- 1x $1,000 Second Place Prize
- 1x $500 Third Place Prize
- 5x $100 Fourth Place Prize through Eighth Place Prizes
- 40x $50 Randomly selected users from the global leaderboard that were not in the top eight ranking
Total maximum value of all prizes is $6,000.
Prizes will be issued in the form of a debit card or electronic debit card. All winners will be notified by email at their Valid Email Address which is the email on their Game user account. Winners who don’t respond to the email notification within five (5) days will forfeit their prize.
Entrants agree that the Sponsor and/or Administrator have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions are final and binding in all respects. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission from the prize Winner for Sponsor and its public relations/promotional agencies to use the prize Winner’s name, prize, biographical information, state of residence, and likeness for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes online and in print, or in other media, in connection with the Contest, Game and Sponsor’s activities without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
- TERMS & CONDITIONS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Game Entries received. In the event of any dispute regarding who is the Entrant that submitted a Game Entry, the potential Winner must provide acceptable proof that the potential Winner is, in fact the individual that played the Game. By entering, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules and the judges’ decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Prize is non-transferable. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes, and any other related expenses on prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. In order to claim the prize, the Winners must provide the necessary verifiable legal information (e.g. name and social security number) to the Administrator for issuance of the appropriate IRS tax documentation and to receive their prize. Prizes which are not claimed in the manner above may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, not be awarded. By entering and/or accepting the prize (if Entrant is also a Winner), Entrants and Winners agree that neither Sponsor nor Administrator or their respective, parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers or employees will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, harm, damage, cost, or expense arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest or any prize related activities, or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of a prize including, without limitation, any personal injury or death. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission from the prize winner for Sponsor and/or their respective public relations/promotional agencies to use the prize winner’s name, prize, biographical information, state of residence and likeness for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes online and in print, or in other media, in connection with the Contest, Game and Sponsor’s activities without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Entrant is hereby made aware that Sponsor and/or Administrator may record the registration, Contest, and individual Game play for marketing purposes and hereby grants Sponsor the unlimited, worldwide right to use Entrant’s likeness, Game play, and any other recorded events that depict the Entrant for any such purpose, including recorded interviews by Sponsor and/or Administrator. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest at any time for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to update the Contest period and times at any time. Users should refer to Discord for the latest Contest status and details.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible entries, nor for any incorrect or inaccurate information (including email address), whether caused by the Entrant, Administrator or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Game, Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries or the operation of the Game. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof. If, for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- OTHER. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may disqualify any Entrants from the Contest who act in an inappropriate manner, fail to comply with Game and site rules or Administrator’s instructions, or deliberately damage, tamper with or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest.
- DISPUTES: Entrant and potential Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest (including, without limitation, any alleged violation of these Official Rules, any controversy relating to the arbitrability of any dispute, or any claim that these Official Rules (or any part thereof) are invalid, illegal, or otherwise voidable (or void) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration to be held solely in Chicago, Illinois under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association; (b) any and all claims, judgments, liabilities, and/ or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entrant’s participation in this Contest or otherwise accessing this Contest, and in no event will Entrant or a potential Entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant or a potential Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives, all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental, and/or consequential damages and any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Judgment upon the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. This arbitration provision shall be deemed to be self-executing, and in the event that either party fails to appear at any properly noticed arbitration proceeding, an award may be entered against such party notwithstanding said failure to appear. In no event shall entrant seek or be entitled to rescission, injunctive, or other equitable relief or to enjoin or restrain the operation of this Contest, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of this Contest or any content or other material used or displayed on this Contest. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
- WINNER INFORMATION: Ranking will be shown on the leaderboard throughout the Contest Period at the Venue. You may also contact Sponsor or Administrator for the list of Winners at the mailing address below.
Sponsor: Singleton Foundation for Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurship, 177 E Colorado Blvd, Suite 200, Pasadena, CA 91105. .
Administrator: Super League Gaming, 2906 Colorado Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90404
- NBC Palm Springs – UC Riverside Hosts Venture Valley Collegiate Cup
- MSN – Singleton Foundation develops video game to promote financial literacy and entrepreneurship
- FOX WGHP 8 – Venture Valley Brings the Business World into the Gaming World at High Point University
- Spectrum News 1 Capital Tonight North Carolina- Venture Valley Collegiate Cup Tournament at High Point University
- NBC WXII 12 – Venture Valley Brings Fun and Financial Literacy to High Point University